What are moon rocks? Moon rocks are a potent cannabis concentrate that is made by combining weed, hash oil, and kief. The end result is a sticky, potent and delicious treat that will send you soaring into the cosmos! They were first popularized by rap songs and hip hop artists in the 1990s but their exact origin is a mystery. In this blog post, we will discuss what moon rocks are, how to make them and how to smoke them. We will also provide some tips on how to maximize the experience! Enjoy!
How does smoking moon rocks differ from regular cannabis?
The main difference between smoking moon rocks and regular cannabis is the potency. Moon rocks are much more potent than regular weed, so it is important to start slow.
Another difference is the taste. Moon rocks have a unique flavor that is a bit sweeter than regular weed due to the hash oil and kief that are used to make them. Hash oil is a cannabis concentrate that is made by extracting THC-containing resins from the plant. Kief, on the other hand, is a powdery substance that consists of trichomes (the tiny hairs that cover the cannabis plant). Trichomes are what give weed its psychoactive properties. When these two ingredients are combined, they create a sweet and potent treat!
Finally, the effects of smoking moon rocks tend to be more intense and long-lasting than those of smoking regular cannabis. It is not uncommon for the effects of moon rocks to last for several hours after smoking.
How to make moon rocks?
In order to start making moon rocks at home, you will need:
- Good quality cannabis (medium to large buds)
- Hash oil/Rosin/Concentrate
Plus a few more optional tools to make the process easier:
- A pair of tweezers
- A pair of gloves to keep things clean
- A stainless-steel bowl for mixing
- A brush (A simple makeup brush or watercolor brush will do)
- Some parchment paper for the moon rocks to dry on
- An air-tight glass jar for long-term storage
Once you have gathered all these ingredients and tools:
- Dip your brush into the hash oil/rosin/concentrate and use it to coat and glisten the exterior of your bud.
- Put your kief inside a stainless steel bowl and dip your oiled-up bud into it. Coat it like you would coat your food with breadcrumbs before deep frying. Get as much kief as you can onto that giant ball of THC.
- Take these snowballs out of your bowl and let them dry on a piece of parchment paper. Depending on how much oil you used, your moon rocks could take from 60 minutes to 48 hours to dry thoroughly. Smoking right away is never a good idea, as they would still be sticky, gooey, and wouldn't burn right.
- Once your moon rocks are thoroughly dried, keep them in a clean, dry, and air-tight glass jar for optimal long-term storage.
How to smoke moon rocks?
Smoking moon rocks is a bit different than smoking regular weed. Their potency (50% THC) is often twice as high as regular weed (15-25%), so you will want to start slow. They can also take longer (up to 30 minutes) to kick into high gear and be quite hard-hitting. Be mindful of your own tolerance.
You can break your moon rocks into small pieces and roll them into a joint if you want, but it's nowhere as good as using glass. We recommend loading the bowl of your bong with chunks of moon rocks and lighting it up.
It is best to use a small pipe or bong when smoking moon rocks for the first time. Simply take a small piece of the rock and light it up. Take small hits and see how you feel after a few minutes. If you start to feel too high, simply stop smoking and wait for the effects to wear off. Remember, it is always better to start slow and increase your dosage as needed.
No matter how you want to smoke your moon rocks, we do not recommend using a grinder to chop them up. This will break up the kief from the bud and destroy all the hard work.
Tips for maximizing the experience:
There are a few things you can do to ensure that you have the best possible experience when smoking moon rocks. First, make sure that you are using high-quality ingredients. This will make a big difference in the taste and potency of your finished product. Secondly, take your time when smoking. Don't try to rush through it. Enjoy the process and savor each hit. Finally, be sure to start slow and increase your dosage as needed. If you follow these tips, you're sure to have an out-of-this-world experience!
Best bong for smoking moon rocks
There is no better way to smoke and enjoy your moon rocks than with a premium-quality bong. Made from non-porous laboratory-grade borosilicate glass that will not absorb odors or chemical residues, Vitae Glass’s wide collection of build-a-bongs takes no effort to clean and offer unbelievably smooth hits that will elevate your entire smoking experience. Enjoy free U.S. shipping for orders over $200.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on what are marijuana moon rocks and how to make them! Be sure to check back soon for more great content like this! Until then, happy trails!
For other related blogs, check out the following ones below: